Monday, February 8, 2010

Chair makeover


My hubby's grandfather gave us this chair eons ago. I once found a slipcover at a thrift store that fit this thing like a glove. I loved it so, but it was well loved when I got it and eventually fell apart. I can't find it now and could slap myself at the thought that I may have thrown it out! I could have used it as a template for a new one. Perhaps it'll turn up some day.

This chair had been sitting unused in the basement, so it was time to give it a makeover.


My sister put me onto Tonic Living, a store in Toronto that sells fabric online. I ordered a sample of this "retro-geometric must have" and was very happy with it.


I'm not over-the-moon about the final look. To me it says "masculine", and is a little formal looking. Maybe me and black just don't get along. Still, I can't deny that the chair has improved 100% even if I'm not head over heels for it.

2 comments:

Screaming Meme said...

I love it!! Nicely done!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow the material used on the re-do of the chair looks great! Much better than the original!

http://www.bettabuildings.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...